|In protecting the privacy of personal and health information entrusted to it, the company will meet its statutory requirements under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW). |
Personal information is any information or opinion that is capable of identifying an individual. Any reference to ‘information’ in this policy is a reference to both personal information and health information.
|Collection and Use of Personal Information|
The primary purpose for collecting, holding and using personal information is for the establishment and maintenance of records for staff, clients, suppliers of goods and services, and others with whom the company conducts business.
Depending on the relationship with the company, this may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address
- Transaction records (sales, purchases etc)
- Information about goods and services provided
- Medical information (staff only)
- Records of any queries or complaints
- Tax File Number
- Credit history and financial details
- Any other information that you have provided to us as a result of any dealing, transaction or negotiation with us.
To ensure the integrity and safety of information, the company will only disclose information to someone having proper authorisation or authority to request such information, or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements.
Personal information may be provided to third parties / service providers that assist the company to provide products or services. This may include:
- Credit reporting agencies
- Debt collection agencies
- Vehicle registration authorities
- Agents including finance brokers, legal advisors and accountants
- Referees for credit assessment purposes
- Referees for employment purposes.
|Storage and Security of Personal Information|
Personal information is held in electronic databases maintained within the company’s computer network and in hard copy files in a secure environment. A range of security processes are used to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information held (eg. Security levels and limited computer access).
|Access to Personal Information|
Individuals may request access to their personal information held by the company at any time by making a verbal or written request to the company. Access will not be denied to any personal information without a reason for denial being provided by the company.
All information and documents collected by the company during the employment period or during the client/customer relationship period, remain the property of the company. Copies only may be made available upon request.